– Oh my God, they’re cooking! Can you not breathe on my neck? – I’m tense – Careful —
– Aaahhhh… – Drop it! No you’re going to break the cookie Leave me! [THRD WRLD PRESENTS] Today, I’m here with my mum, Zeina And this is the first time ever That we’re going to cook tiny food – What do you like about mini cooking? – I like absolutely nothing about tiny cooking – I love it I love miniature things [TABLA ROLL] She loves it so much, she made all these tools [CHEESY COMMERCIAL MUSIC] We’re going to start with a French dessert called sablés They’re small cookies, flower shaped with jam in the middle Super cute! And my mum makes the best sablés ever Today the challenge is to reduce this already small cookie to a tiny-size cookie And then, we’re going to make a typical Arabic kabab plate We’re going to have a kafta on a skewer Tabbouleh on the side Grape leaves on the side and Humus Are you excited, mama? – So excited – Um, mom, mom… One hour mom! – Alright! – Your hour starts… – NOW! – So, we have flour – Icing sugar – Jam – Vanilla extract – Lemon zest – Salt And, a quail egg – OK, what’s the first step mom? – We have to mix the egg – I’m going to try to break it in half With the knife – You cannot – Yeah, yeah look – I succeeded, mother! – We’re going to mix the egg with the lemon zest right? – Yeah, exactly – I’m your sous-chef, OK? – Vanilla extract – It’s not even…dropping — Oh, sh** – Can you be more… – Delicate?
– Yeah – So three cups of flour – Add two spoons of icing sugar – Dont…don’t fill it too much – Yeah… – Next! – Now I need a little salt – Butter… Now I will add the eggs on top of them – This is all we need – I mix?
– Yeah – Wow… I like the texture – Now we have to spread it – Mini cookie cutter, oh em gee – Ohhhh, that’s so cute You can go closer to each other – To make it harder? – To make it faster – Can…Can you not breathe on my neck? – I’m tense Don’t ruin it please – OK we have to fill the other– – THOSE ARE THE COOKIES! – Oh I love them, I love them So tiny, so cute – We need to make a hole in each cookie I don’t know if the cookies is going to hold together I wish my fingers were smaller It’s a good thing everything is so fucking cute Because just doing this is a pain in the ass honestly – Stop complaining – Why do we have to make it so small? – Who’s going to eat this? – Our ants – Nothing like cooking with your Arab mom – You guys have fifteen minutes – Mom we have fifteen minutes! – How long do they need to be baking in the over? – They need like fifteen minutes – OK so we’re f*cked basically -OK what can I do? Which ones need holes? These? – These ones – Oh my God This is impossible! [ARABIC]
No man… – You’re almost there – Now it’s stuck to this – Take it down Patiently You have to go slowly mama, slowly – My mum made this from a bullet – You guys have eight minutes left – So basically we lost the challenge! Usually, we just put the tooth pick inside And the piece comes out, like this I don’t know if you can see it – So tiny! – I’m glad you’re enjoying this mom So these are the bottom cookies These are the top cookies And then, in the middle we put jam So we’ve got the oven here guys! All the way from Germany Fancy! – I put the candle at the bottom so that it cooks faster – Exciting stuff people Exciting stuff – Oven is really working! This oven is working! – We got it Alright! Time to check – Careful
– Oh my God they’re actually cooked – Take the other… – Ahhhhh, drop it! No you’re going to break the cookie! Leave me! – Oh my God they are so cute So cute – Oh my God I can’t believe this stuff is working – Look at what I put myself through – Oh my God Oh my God – Oh, that’s so cute – I love them I’m so proud of myself – Look at this tiny sablé It’s delicious, trust me Now I will make you taste it – Bring it over mama I’m hungry! – Oh my God Oh my God It will — – Oh my God it tastes exactly like a sablé – This is delightful – Alright… – Mmmm that is really really good – ‘Oui oui’ [ROUND 2] – And we’re back for round 2 of today’s challenge We’re making a typical Arabic kabob plate Do you think we can do this in one hour? – Hopefully darling Arabic food takes time – Challenge beings let’s go! Bring in the ingredients please! – We have minced lamb for the kafta skewer – Arabic bread – Burghul – Grape leaves – Some rice – Garlic – Parsley – Onion – Cucumber We got it all people we got it all Should I chop everything for the Tabbouleh? – Very good Shall I make the Humus? – Yeah yeah! You do the Humus! – OK Lemon juice Tahina – Now I’ll mix the lemon and Tahina Wow, look It’s a great texture Now I’ll add chickpeas If it’s too thick, I will add a little lemon – Ten minutes and we already made the Humus BOOM! – I’ve got the parsely chopped – The tomato chopped I’m going to chop mint now – Smaller mama, smaller – OK – Where do you think I can put the Humus? – I would like to put it here – Really? Not here? – Ah OK this one. Nice! – She’s garnishing it! – There are a lot of Cokes here – Why are these people so unhealthy? – What about the Tabbouleh, what else? – OK first, you have to put Burghul – Then lemon on top of it – Not sure my mother approves But hey, it’s a Tabbouleh – OK now I’m preparing the rice for the grape leaves – I put here already onion, parsley – A little mint – I can add salt Some black pepper – Now I’m adding the things I just chopped – Now lemon – A little olive oil I wish the quantity we eat was this much only Cooking would be much easier My stuffing for the grape leaves is ready This is the grape leaves – It’s too tiny mama It’s too hard for me to make it – I believe in you – So cute – Oh my God you did it?!
– Yeah – This is the second one – Aw – Guys! – It’s like a little booger! – Should I start the grill? – Yeah! – Um, how do I make fire? – There’s charcoal in here – I need to use Like, just for speed This mini torch – Without a disaster! Mama without a disaster please! – Can I do it here or will it light up — – No, one minute – What I prefer is to put a piece of chips – Do you want me to do it? – Sure, go ahead – Wow, wow, wow I like it – So it’s on? That’s it? – No it’s not on! – Oh so I wasn’t supposed to put it? – No – Oh – I’m going to put the meat on the skewer And mix it with parsley and onion -It’s on, it’s on, it’s on! – Twenty minutes – Mum we have twenty minutes! – I mean, you don’t consider cooking time? – So we usually put like a heavy plate – on top of fthe grape leaves – Just to keep them down – Pressed – To not open – Oh my God!
– They’re cooking! They’re cooking! – I’m going to add some Arabic bread – You’ve always got to have olive oil with Mediterranean food [CLAPPING] OK I think we’ve got an amazing Arabic barbecue set up – Tabbouleh, Humus, grape leaves – And kafta skewers – I changed your Tabbouleh plate – Because this is more presentable – So traditionally, in Arabic barbecues We’ll have Arak as the drink Which is sort of like the equivalent of Ouzo in Greece It’s super strong And we dilute it with water – Cheers! – To your health – To your health – Yup, tastes like a Tabbouleh – Let me taste the Humus
– OK – Thank you! – You open the Arabic bread – Mmm… – Mmm…What about the grape leaves? – Yeah… – Thank you, Mom! – You’re welcome, darling – Subscribe to THRD WRLD! – High five [SINGS IN ARABIC] [THRD WRLD]